The Adobe Captivate Foundations program is a hands-on workshop that covers everything you need to know about creating visually rich, and highly interactive eLearning.
We take a project-based approach by building an eLearning module from scratch and within the first hour, we are already building our Captivate project, learning the necessary features and skills to create a fully functioning eLearning module that we upload to a Learning Management System (LMS).
The course is viewed as a practical building process. On day one we begin with the basics of creating a Captivate project and adding content and heading into day two, we recap the basics before diving deeper into some more advanced features.
Learning Plan offer Adobe Captivate training in two different delivery formats, classroom and online.
Our classroom courses are conducted across two consecutive days, or they can be spaced apart under special circumstances.
Our classrooms are located in North Sydney, as well as access to facilities in all major Australian cities with classes starting at 9am and finishing at 4:30pm with breaks and lunch. These times can vary with consultation with the group.
The cost per participant for our classroom courses is $900 (ex-GST), and this includes a copy of our comprehensive manual in printed and PDF versions.
- Cost per participant (Classroom) : $900 ex-GST
There are no dates currently scheduled, however upon consultation with prospective attendees, we can schedule dates at short notice at locations across Australia. We are happy to consider interstate travel (from Sydney) for special requests, and will factor in carbon offsetting costs into the quotes.
Our online Adobe Captivate classes have been running since 2019 with several organisations benefitting from the flexibility of the format. The approach is to conduct 90 minute sessions at least once or twice a week to maintain momentum. Classes are conducted via the Adobe Connect platform which is for remote training, web conferencing, presentation, and desktop sharing. Students are required to download the Meeting Applications for Adobe Connect software from the Adobe website.
- No carbon footprint from travelling.
- Registered learners will receive exclusive access to the live classroom sessions facilitated with John Stericker (our Captivate trainer).
- You can participate from the comfort of anywhere you like, except the beach, we wouldn’t want you to get sand in your laptop.
- We space the normal 2 days across a number of sessions to maintain engagement in an online webinar environment.
- We record very virtual session so you have life-time access to the specific course sessions you attended.
- The same post course support is provided, as you would get with the face-to-face offering.
- Each session is a live online 1.5 hour session facilitated by John Stericker.
- Training can be tailored to suit your experience and objectives.
- So far, we’ve trained dozens of students via virtual classroom from a wide range of industries and locations, from Melbourne to Brisbane, and in between.
- There is one disadvantage;
- We won’t be supplying refreshments or mints (sorry) but we could send some in the post if you really wanted us to!
- Cost per participant (Online) : $900 ex-GST
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Understand the terminology used when developing eLearning with Adobe Captivate
- Develop an eLearning module using Adobe Captivate
- Know which options to choose in Adobe Captivate when publishing eLearning modules
- Demonstrate inserting images into an eLearning module using Adobe Captivate
- Apply techniques to evenly align and space objects on a slide
- Create a quiz in an eLearning module using Adobe Captivate
- Develop interactive activities in eLearning modules using Adobe Captivate
- Understand the related technologies that are interwoven into the design and development process of an eLearning module using Adobe Captivate
- Upload an eLearning module to a Learning Management System
- Learn techniques and processes to efficiently preview and test eLearning modules using Adobe Captivate
On Day 1, we learn key concepts, integral features, and discuss all things eLearning;
The complete eLearning Journey
- What is eLearning
- Types of eLearning
- Types of Captivate projects
- Your role as the developer
- Resources to support discussion
Planning your project
Getting to know Adobe Captivate
- Navigating an existing Captivate file
- Previewing a project
Creating a Captivate Project
- Creating and managing Slides
- Inserting and editing images
- Working with Objects
- Understanding the Library
- Formatting & Styling
On the second day, we review what we learnt on Day 1 and expand on key concepts as well as exploring some powerful advanced features for added interactivity, it covers;
- Advanced Actions and Variables
- Creating Drag and Drop interactions
- Mastering Master Slides
- Creating Quizzes & exploring the different question types
- Table of Contents
- Testing, Previewing and Publishing
- Working with PowerPoint and Captivate
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for anyone who is currently using or looking to use Adobe Captivate to create eLearning content.
Past students have included;
- Instructional Designers
- eLearning Developers
- Multimedia Developers
- Technical Writers
- Learning and Development Professionals
- HR Professionals
- Subject Matter Experts
Why Choose Learning Plan’s Adobe Captivate Course?
Our training focuses on more than just how to use the software, with the following benefits;
- Delivered in a unique blended learning format that ensures better learning outcomes for participants.
- Hosted by John Stericker (Adobe Certified Instructor, Adobe Captivate Certified Expert and experienced eLearning professional).
- The course material has been designed and written by John Stericker (our Adobe Captivate teacher) specifically for current industry needs and best practice.
- Access to an exclusive online community, including the Learning Plan Adobe Captivate resource center and on-going professional development webinars.
- Free on-going support.
- Free re-sit of the course.
- Provided by an award winning eLearning company.
- Create and take away your own Master Theme for your organisiation.
- Learn the time saving tips which will save you hours of work as well as the tricks to ensure your course is sustainable.
- We can provide custom Captivate and eLearning consultative training which focuses on your specific projects.
- Either 1:1 or group consulting for you or your team.
- Think of it as your own personal Captivate coach, guiding you through the workflow to help you get the most out of the software.
- Please contact us for rates and more information.
John is an Adobe Certified Captivate Expert and Instructor with over 15 years of eLearning and Development experience, specialising in eLearning design, development and delivering training programs. You can track him down on LinkedIn here.
He is an enthusiastic developer and facilitator of training programs with the following industry certifications;
- Adobe Certified Instructor in Captivate
- Microsoft Certified in Microsoft Office Project 2007, Managing Projects.
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
John is a passionate course leader, who will ensure you walk away with the confidence and skills needed to master Adobe Captivate.
Public and private courses are now available. To make an individual or team booking or learn more about Learning Plan’s Adobe Captivate Foundations Course simply call us on 1300 415 343.