eLearning is more than an online module produced by an authoring tool – it includes webinars, social and collaborative learning, self guided and informal learning and more.
This online course will model best practice as you work your way through the learning process, engaging with the content, the trainer and other participants. Structured over eight weeks with facilitated online content, discussions and webinars this course will give you the essential knowledge that you’ve been looking for as well as options to extend and dig deeper into specific content areas of your choice.
If you’re interested in eLearning and its possibilities, considering taking some of your content into eLearning format, or you’re already doing eLearning and want to consolidate and stretch your knowledge, then this course is for you.
- For those of you who are interested in the digital badge for course completion you need to have accumulated a minimum of 200 Experience Points (XP).
- Levels will be released each week
- These are the points that you get for both viewing and commenting on objects and competing the activities at the end of each level (called Gates).
- You don’t have to view or comment on everything to complete the course, however we recommend you participate as much as possible to get the most of the course.
- You do need to obtain a minimum number of Experience Points (XP) to complete each level and open the next level.
- There is no certificate issued for this course, just the digital badge which can be linked to your LinkedIn profile. We will discuss this as part of the course.
Assignments and Activities (Gates)
There are activities and assignments at the end of each level. These are called “Gates”. You can access the Gates once you have achieved a minimum number of experience points per level. The assignments and gates are not compulsory, however once again we recommend you participate to get the most of the course.
You will probably need to invest anywhere between 3 hours a week, up to 5 / 6 hours a week.
There is lots of content to work through, plus the end of level assignments and gate activities. Contributing to the discussions and reading through other participants contributions can take time as well. The more you put in to the course, the more you will get out of the course.
There are five (5) LearnSpace events in weeks 1, 3, 5, 7 & 9 at 7.30pm AEST (note your local time!), each lasting approx. 60 minutes.
LearnSpace events are the live online component of this course. LearnSpace is about content, dialogue and connection – the course facilitator will present some content related to the module/s you are doing, inviting dialogue throughout the content through the chatbox, whiteboard, polls and more. You’ll connect with both the facilitator and other course participants.
The events are recorded and made available in the course content for those unable to attend.
Select guest and enter your first name only is fine.
No signup or password required.
The LearnSpace events will occur on
- Wed 8th July – 7:30 pm (AEST)
- Wed 22th July – 7:30 pm (AEST)
- Wed 5th August – 7:30 pm (AEST)
- Wed 19th August – 7:30 pm (AEST)
- Wed 2nd September – 7:30 pm (AEST)
Please note times are in AEST (Australian Eastern Standard Time – SYDNEY, NSW).