Free Resources for content developers and designers
Here is our latest and updated collection of links to free resources available to spice and jazz up your content.
We’ve scoured far and wide, near and close, to provide a list of destinations we have at the top of our bookmarks for all things creative.
There may be some overlaps, and some of the tools will have paid plans to open up functionality within the tool.
Free learning Platforms for course creators
- SCORM Cloud – Get started testing, delivering and tracking courses in a ready to deploy LMS. Up to 10 user registrations a month and 100mb storage.
- Moodle Cloud – Moodle offers a free LMS for up to 50 users and 200 mb. Great if you want to test your content or learn Moodle.
- Thinkific – is an online course platform allowing the creation of courses to deliver to anyone, anywhere.
Free content creation tools
- H5P.org -H5P is a plugin for existing publishing systems that enables the system to create interactive content like Interactive Videos, Presentations, Games, Quizzes and more
- 4 Authoring Tools for eLearning You Can Use for Free
Photos, Pictures and Icons
- Free Stock Photo sites (there may be paid options)
- The 27+ Best Free Stock Photo Sites in 2019!
- Pexels – Free stock photos and videos
- OpenShot Video editor
- OpenShot™ was created in 2008, in an effort to build a free, simple, open-source video editor for Linux. It is now available on Linux, Mac, and Windows, has been downloaded millions of times, and continues to grow as a project!
- Icon Archive
- Search through more than 735,000 free icons. Browse icons by category, artist, popularity, date. Organize and share your favorites.
- Icon Finder
- Paid and Free icons
- PowerPoint – PowerPoint can record your screen and insert the video into a Presentation
- Best 10 Free Screencasting Tools for Teachers
Neon and bright or pastel and muted? Monochromatic or full-on rainbow splash? A good color palette can set the mood and convey specific feelings, and is a treasured aspect in every design project. Yet, crafting the perfect color combination can often lead to us obsessing over tiny tweaks and adjustments of saturation, brightness and hue. To make things more efficient – and fun – we suggest utilizing some of the best color tools and resources that the Internet has to offer.
Whether you want to learn more about awesome eLearning authoring tools, communicate more effectively with your learners, or organize your time better, our list of useful eLearning tools is sure to help. Whatever your role, you’ll find something here that will make your training a little smoother and more polished.