Here is our latest and updated collection of links to free resources available to spice and jazz up your content.
We’ve scoured far and wide, near and close, to provide a list of destinations we have at the top of our bookmarks for all things creative.
There may be some overlaps, and some of the tools will have paid plans to open up functionality within the tool.
Free learning Platforms for course creators
- SCORM Cloud – Get started testing, delivering and tracking courses in a ready to deploy LMS. Up to 10 user registrations a month and 100mb storage.
- Moodle Cloud – Moodle offers a free LMS trial for 45 days. Great if you want to test your content or learn Moodle.
- Thinkific – is an online course platform allowing the creation of courses to deliver to anyone, anywhere. A free forever plan is available to create courses and present information.
- Google Classroom – Google have a free platform that is used by schools and teachers all over the world.
Free content creation tools
- H5P.org -H5P is a plugin for existing publishing systems that enables the system to create interactive content like Interactive Videos, Presentations, Games, Quizzes and more
- 4 Authoring Tools for eLearning You Can Use for Free
- inkscape Whether you are an illustrator, designer, web designer or just someone who needs to create some vector imagery, Inkscape is for you!
Photos, Pictures and Icons
You will come across some overlaps as you explore these links.
- Free Stock Photo sites (there may be paid options)
- The 27+ Best Free Stock Photo Sites in 2019!
- 22 Awesome Sites To Find Free Stock Photos
- Pexels – Free stock photos and videos
- Morguefile is a free photo archive “for creatives, by creatives”
- OpenShot Video editor
- OpenShot™ was created in 2008, in an effort to build a free, simple, open-source video editor for Linux. It is now available on Linux, Mac, and Windows, has been downloaded millions of times, and continues to grow as a project!
- Icon Archive
- Search through more than 735,000 free icons. Browse icons by category, artist, popularity, date. Organize and share your favorites
- Icon Finder
- Paid and Free icons
- The Noun Project
- Both free and paid members get access to all the icons. As a free member, you must give credit to the icon’s designer each time you use their icon
- FAMFAMFAM – Need icons for your new website or web application, at the best price there is (free!)? Try one of the following sets.
- AudioMass – AudioMass is a free, open source, web-based Audio and Waveform Editor. It runs entirely in the browser with no backend and no plugins required!
- Free Podcast Tools
- Free Music
- 16 Best Websites Featuring Free Game Sounds for Developers in 2019
- BBC Sound Effects – The BBC Sound Effects Archive is available for personal, educational or research purposes. There are over 33,000 clips from across the world from the past 100 years.
- Free Content Creation Tools (video, animation, design, infographic, memes, presentations) – From Optin Monster
51 Best Free Visual Content Creation Tools To Make Marketing Easy
- Free image editing tools (From tech Radar)
- Free Handwritten Fonts (From CreativeBloq)
- OER – Open Educational Resources: Big List of Resources (From University of Pittsburgh Library System (ULS)
Open Educational Resources (OER) are any type of educational material that are freely available for teachers and students to use, adapt, share, and reuse.
- PowerPoint – PowerPoint can record your screen and insert the video into a Presentation
- Best 10 Free Screencasting Tools for Teachers
- OBS – Open Broadcaster Software – Free and open source software for video recording and live streaming. Download and start streaming quickly and easily on Windows, Mac or Linux.
Neon and bright or pastel and muted? Monochromatic or full-on rainbow splash? A good color palette can set the mood and convey specific feelings, and is a treasured aspect in every design project. Yet, crafting the perfect color combination can often lead to us obsessing over tiny tweaks and adjustments of saturation, brightness and hue. To make things more efficient – and fun – we suggest utilizing some of the best color tools and resources that the Internet has to offer.
Whether you want to learn more about awesome eLearning authoring tools, communicate more effectively with your learners, or organize your time better, our list of useful eLearning tools is sure to help. Whatever your role, you’ll find something here that will make your training a little smoother and more polished.
There are also plenty of sites and pages setup which in turn have lists of free resources as well, and we’ll continue to add them here;